Politics Gives Me Pimples: A Skin Care Guide
Stressed? Yeah, so is my face.
As of lately I've been really aware of my skin care routine and what products actually work for me. I rotate these products through out my week and some I only use in case of acne emergencies. So here is what I do and use and hopefully your skin will thank me ;)
I'm not a beauty blogger or a dermatologist, so please take my opinions with a grain of salt.
*My skin type is normal/oily*
To remove my make up, I use 1 of 3 things:
- Glossier Jelly Cleanser
- Japanese Makeup Removing Oil Any kind works, but this is my personal favorite
Sometimes I'll use one after the other if my make up is heavy or waterproof
I don't use scrubs anymore because microbeads are bad for your skin and the environment. I recommend getting something along the lines of a Clarsonic or a Charcoal Sponge to really work in the product in a way your hands can't.
- Fig and Yarrow Rose Hip Argan Face Serum This shit changed my life
- Maracuja Oil Every time I use this I wake up so flawless & confident that I don't have to wear foundation
- Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil
Before bed I apply a face oil or sleep mask! I always wake up with clear soft skin when I use these.
- Any of the Sephora Sleep Masks. My personal favorite right now is the Pomegranate. It helps make me look like I get enough sleep when I really don't
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion Zit zapper for real. I sleep with this on after a long day of hearing our President's bullshit
Before I apply my make up I always moisturize. I cannot stress how important it is to stay hydrated; especially living in LA where the air is 80% soot.
- Milk Sunshine Oil I mostly use oils as my moisturizer. I find it sinks easier into the skin
- Fig and Yarrow!!! Y'all gotta get some it's at Target. It makes me feel like there is nothing wrong with the world
- Hey Honey 24Seven: Day & Night Revitalizing Cream
- Glossier Moisturizing Primer
When I'm extra stressed I use a mask to calm my break outs. I also use Glossier's Pure Serum cause you know that's a cult classic.
- Glam Glow Dualcleanse I get the small jar and only use it on my problem spots. It stings but it works
- Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque I use this when Trump says some stupid shit and I feel a face demon coming
- Fresh Rose Face Mask For toning and hydrating
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Mask For an instant glow
- Sephora Lip Mask I love using this after anxiously chewing my lips off . I'm going to need 4 years worth asap
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask Get rid of ya baby face hairs and blackheads
Stay hydrated <3